There is no reason to settle on just three gears or the kickdown linkage of an automatic transmission with the number of electronically controlled four speed automatics that are available these days. MSD will take the mystery out of setting up or programming an automatic trans with the Atomic Transmission Controller.
The Atomic Trans Control Module (TCM) is based off the popular Atomic EFI series with the same goal of making installation and setup simple. The TCM, PN 2760, is complemented with a Harness Kit to match your application. Harness Kits are available for most GM and Ford four speed automatics.
Once connected, you’ll be able to easily modify the operating parameters of your transmission such as the shift points, torque converter clutch behavior, shift firmness and more!
The Atomic TCM allows simple parameter adjustment using the supplied Handheld Monitor. That’s right – no need to worry about a PC and complicated software. The Handheld connects to the Atomic TCM and can be left in place as a dash board to monitor the transmission in real-time, or disconnected once the configuration is complete.
Once installed and connected, you need only specify a few basic parameters that are listed in the Initial Setup menu. First and foremost, select the type of transmission you are using (such as a GM 4L60E or Ford 4R70W). All supported transmission types are listed in the menu to make this step easier. Other required fields under Initial Setup include the number of engine cylinders, rear end gear ratio (and transfer case ratio, if applicable), and tire height.
Once the Initial Setup has been completed, you can start and drive the vehicle while taking advantage of the Advanced Setup menu items to dial-in the transmission to your liking. From the Advanced Setup menu, you can control shift points and characteristics like shift feel and torque converter clutch operation. There are also options allowing adjustment of the desired Wide Open Throttle (WOT) shifting, Vehicle Speed Sensor configuration, and more. You can feel the results in real-time as a passenger manipulates the parameters and monitors real-time operational data on the Handheld Monitor! Data available for viewing includes engine speed, vehicle speed, throttle position, transmission fluid temperature, shifter position, commanded gear, and more!
- MSD Atomic Transmission Controller, Stand Alone. Buy now and get same day shipping!
- Adjust shift points
- Adjust torque converter clutch behavior
- Select different levels of shift firmness
- Select between auto-shift mode and manual-shift mode
- Activate Dyno Mode to deliver repeatable chassis dyno results
- Emission Code: 5
- Make: Universal
- Product Type: Automatic Transmission Controller
- We do our best to ship most items same or next day.
- For all products, free fast delivery of the UPS is already included in the price.
- This part is legal for sale or use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles, and Racing Use Only Vehicles because it does not affect vehicle emissions and is not covered by emissions regulations.