For value-conscious enthusiasts, the Street Fire HEI is a great choice! We know the importance of a centrifugal advance in a distributor so our engineers made sure that the Street Fire received an advance assembly with coated weights and welded weight pins (not just pressed in like other models). Another area that you cannot afford to scrimp on is with a distributor gear. The Street Fire is fit with the same gear that is used on our Pro-Billet models. The metallurgy of this gear has been refined for years to perform through the harshest conditions.
Inside, the ignition module and coil work together to produce a stout spark to light the fuel mixture for great performance. The high voltage is transferred through a new rotor to the brass terminals of the distributor cap and out to the plugs. The Street Fire Distributor is the first product to come from our new value branded ignition line.
- MSD Street Fire Chevrolet V8 GM HEI Distributor. Buy now and get same day shipping!
- Red Distributor Cap w/Brass Terminals
- Adjustable Centrifugal Mechanical Advance (Kit sold separately PN 8428)
- Welded weight Pins
- Supplied with internal coil and dependable 4-Pin Module
- Vacuum Advance for fuel economy
- Supplied Vacuum Advance Stop Plate to limit amount of vacuum advance
- Heavy Duty distributor gear for durability
- Application: Chevy
- Color: Red
- Distributor Type: OE Replacement
- Emission Code: 1
- Engine: Chevrolet Small Block Gen I
- Product Type: Distributor
- We do our best to ship most items same or next day.
- For all products, free fast delivery of the UPS is already included in the price.
- The Street Fire HEI Distributor is not intended for extreme rpm or racing applications. In these applications, the MSD Ignition Pro-Billet HEI Distributor, PN 8365, is required.
- C.A.R.B. EO # D-40-39
- This part is legal for sale and use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, in all 50 states, when used in accordance with the manufacturers application guide because it has a California Air Resources Board (CARB) Executive Order (EO) number.
- The following vehicles are considered Emissions Controlled Vehicles:
- 1966 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer Foreign manufactured vehicle