Class IV hitches are very similar to Class III hitches except for the weight ratings.
Class IV hitches are Weight Carrying (WC) and Weight Distributing (WD) hitches depending on the vehicle and hitch specifications. Not all Class IV hitches are rated to be both. The hitch specifications will alert you to a hitch that is not weight distributing.
Class IV hitches used as Weight Carrying are rated up to 10,000 lbs. Gross Trailer Weight (WCGTW) with a maximum trailer Tongue Weight (WCTW) of 1,000 lbs. Hitches that are used for weight distributing are rated up to 14,000 lbs. Weight Distributing Gross Trailer Weight (WDGTW) with a maximum trailer Weight Distributing Tongue Weight (WDTW) of 1,400 lbs.
This style of hitch typically uses a 2″ square receiver opening. The use of a ball mount and hitch ball of the same rating or higher is required for weight carrying. To use the weight distribution side of the hitch a weight distribution system is required.
Class IV hitches attach to the vehicle frame only.
- Draw-Tite 75521 Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver for 2007-2013 Silverado/Sierra. Buy now and get same day shipping!
- Limited Lifetime Warranty!
- Equivalent to Reese 44563 and Hidden Hitch 87430
- Hitch Class: Class IV
- Receiver Size: 2 inch
- GTW: 6,000 lbs
- TW: 600 lbs
- WDGTW: 10,500 lbs
- WDTW: 1,050 lbs
- 2008 – 2013 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2007 – 2007 GMC Sierra New Body 1500
- 2008 – 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2007 – 2007 Chevrolet Silverado New Body 1500
- We do our best to ship most items same or next day.
- For all products, free fast delivery of the UPS is already included in the price.