PopUp Extended Coupler gives you an additional sixteen inches clearance between the truck cab and the trailer nose, and between the truck tailgate and the trailer bulkhead. This gives you more trailer swing and more room for hook-up. To make your towing experience better yet, this extended coupler is fitted with a PopUp GN8 self-latching coupler.
This coupler latches when the trailer is lowered onto the ball. It also has a molded hitching guide to make coupling easier. To uncouple, you simply pull a release cable located near the trailer jack handle. The GN8 coupler has a rating of 28,000 pounds by itself.
These units are fabricated using extra heavy wall tubing for maximum strength. They are rated at 24,000 pounds gross trailer weight.
Short Bed Extended Couplers come with all necessary hardware and coupler release cabling.
Installation takes about half an hour.
- Popup Industries 16€³ Offset Square Coupler.
- Fits trailers with 4 1/2€³ ID square tube
- 16 Inch offset between truck and trailer.
- Fits standard trailer coupler tubes.
- Self-latching GN8 2-5/16€³ coupler.
- Precision coupler casting extends life of ball.
- 24,000 lbs. Gross Trailer Weight.
- Extra heavy wall tube for maximum strength.
- Includes coupler release cable and hardware.
- 1″ holes thru both sides
- We do our best to ship most items same or next day.
- For all products, free fast delivery of the UPS is already included in the price.
THE SB216 MUST ONLY BE USED WITH A SAFETY THRU PIN
If your trailer doesn’t have a thru pin, drill a hole and install a 1/2″ or larger bolt.
Verify that the gussets on the trailer will clear the side rails of your truck.
DO NOT use 16″ models on 3-car wedge type trailers
Fits trailers with 4 1/2″ ID square tube
Our Part measures 4 1/2″ outside to outside and is manufactured with USA steel.