The swaybar – more accurately referred to as the “anti-swaybar” – helps stabilize the vehicle’s body in relation to the suspension. It is attached to both chassis rails and connected to the axle housing using swaybar end links. The swaybar’s spring steel construction allows it to function like a torsion bar, resisting vehicle body roll during cornering.
On the road, the swaybar is critical to proper vehicle handling and control. Although virtually transparent to the driver, make no mistake about the importance of this device to vehicle safety. Jeep engineers carefully design swaybars to ensure the proper rate of resistance for each unique model.
Off-road, however, the swaybar counteracts the suspension’s ability to function independently of the chassis, thus preventing the tires from maintaining contact with uneven terrain. Unless equipped with a locking differential, engine power is transferred to the tires without traction and the vehicle is unable to continue forward progress.
- JKS Front Swaybar Quicker Disconnect System.
- Fits vehicles with 4″-6″ lift only
- Gain 30 percent more axle articulation by disconnecting your front swaybar
- Dramatically improve off-road performance on stock or modified Jeeps
- Variable length design adapts to your vehicle and future modifications
- Convenient grease fittings ensure easy bushing lubrication for smooth, silent operation
- Stainless tapered mounting posts and self-align bushings allow you to connect or disconnect on unlevel surfaces
- Spherical bushings provide unrestricted 360 degrees of rotation and 11 degrees of misalignment capability
- Costs far less than lockers, tires, lift kits, and other accessories with comparable performance benefits
- 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1986-1992 Jeep Comanche MJ
- We do our best to ship most items same or next day.
- For all products, free fast delivery of the UPS is already included in the price.
- Not compatible with aftermarket swaybars.
- Some vehicles may require extended front brake hoses or other modifications to compensate for additional suspension travel.